Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

This Week

Source
Good morning/afternoon/evening/whenever you read this!

These past few weeks have been busy ones for me. The good kind of busy, but busy nonetheless. I won't go into all the messy details, but suffice to say that blogging has been on the back burner for quite a while. So I'm taking the week off from blogging in hopes of writing several posts in advance. I'd love to bring more quantity AND more quality to Sprigged Muslin, and the best way I can think of to do that is to give myself a head start.

In lieu of Fashion in Film this week, have some link love from around the internet!

Maybe I'm late to the party, but I just found out about Librivox.org yesterday. For those of you (like me) who don't know, volunteers sign up on Librivox to make audio recordings of books, plays, and poems that are in the public domain. Of course, my nerdy, classic literature-loving heart is fascinated.

The other day, I watched this retelling of Shakespeare's Macbeth with my family. At first I was hesitant about Macbeth being set in a restaurant (lots of meat butchering ensues), and I really did miss Shakespeare's language, but the themes of the play were so poignantly and perfectly translated to the modern day (especially some expansions made to Lady Macbeth's character that are hinted at in the original text). Definitely worth a watch, especially with the bonus selling points of James McAvoy as Macbeth, Keely Hawes as Lady Macbeth, and Richard Armitage as an understated Macduff.

This website will use Google Maps to drop you at a random place on Earth. I've been using it these past few days to just unwind and explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm'aaaaaaaaaaaakAAAQA

I was going to type something clever, but my cat provided this triumph of literature. Thank you for commenting! Just keep it clean, on-topic, and respectful.