Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pinterest as an Historical Fashion Resource

The source for this one is pretty obvious.

If you're a fan of clicking on the source links in Decade Wednesday posts, you'll have noticed that I use images from Pinterest pretty often. I had no idea when I started researching historical fashion that Pinterest was such a rich source of information. It was such a neat experience to see how a fellow fashion history devotee had sorted fashion plates, old photographs and paintings, and pictures of authentic garments from all over the internet into one neat little board on the decade I was researching. Give it a try!

4 comments:

  1. PINTEREST! <3

    Haven't tried it as a historical fashion resource. Maybe there are other weird 12th century fanatics out there yet to be discovered...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! :) Here are a couple, they cover a little broader of a time span than just the 12th century, but it might be the right ballpark?

    http://pinterest.com/ladyordith/sca-inspiration/
    http://pinterest.com/pruebatten/medieval-clothing-and-costume-1100-1300/

    I'm beginning to think that there's a Pinterest board for just about anything. XP Which continues to tempt me to join.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I just died.

      In a good way.

      THE SECOND ONE.

      AAAAAH.

      Delete
  3. IT'S SO GREAT. *dramatic slow nod*

    ReplyDelete

,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm'aaaaaaaaaaaakAAAQA

I was going to type something clever, but my cat provided this triumph of literature. Thank you for commenting! Just keep it clean, on-topic, and respectful.